My Hajj story :)

Sunday, July 15, 2012

One of the most heart-felt moving madaih sung

Asalamualaykum,

Ok, just a heads up people! I'm no professional translator, but this madh is so worth every ounce of energy I spent trying to transliterate and translate it may Allah accept

It is just one of those madaih that I can't seem to get over; if you've been to Tebah (aka Madinah) you would feel the yearning in this madh, the young boy that sings it, I just don't know what to say, may Allah keep him on his straight path and elevate him. No words to describe this. Allah has chosen him for this madh; it's as though his entire heart is in it, and I don't know if it's because I understand what he sings, that I sense this or if it comes across to people who don't understand what he's singing, but by Allah it's so moving coming from him.

SubhanAllah, whoever wrote this may Allah reward them immensely and if they've passed away may Allah enlighten their grave and scent it with the scent of Tebah!

I hope it's of benefit and that you sing along and enjoy it



Ya Tebah Shtaget Rohi          O Tebah My Heart Yearns for You!

   Transliteration                       Translation

Ya tebah shtaget rohi           O Tebah my soul yearns for you!
we bo'daha zad ijrohi          And my distance from you has increased my ailments!
we bo'daha zad ijrohi          And my distance from you has increased my ailments!
met a zorik ya tebah?          When shall I visit you O Tebah?
wadawi fiki jrohi                And cure, within you, my ailments..
wa dawi fiki jrohi..             And cure, within you, my ailments..

'ala teba yalla er rahil           To Tebah, lets go journey!
shogi laha ma lu mathil        My yearning for it has no similitude!
shogi laha ma lu mathil        My yearning for it has no similitude!
ya TaHa ane 'alel                O TaHa I am ailed!
wental balsam le jrohi          And you are the curing balm to my ailments
wental balsam le jrohi          And you are the curing balm to my ailments

lahet anwarik lahet               Encompass, your light, it has encompassed!
'etorik men TaHa fahet         Your scent of TaHa has emanated!
'etorik men TaHa fahet         Your scent of TaHa has emanated!
nafsi bi liqaki irtahet           My soul with our meeting has found serenity
zaal el alam men rohi           The pain has departed from my soul
zaal el alam men rohi           The pain has departed from my soul

ya jameel as sifaat                O most beautiful of (Character/Physical) Virtues
ya montahal ghaya                O final destination of my Aspiration
ya jameel as sifaat                O most beautiful of (Character/Physical) Virtues
ya montal ghaya                   O final destination of my Aspiration

ya imam al qadaat                O Leader of Leaders
ya badr tebah                       O full moon of Tebah!

Tebah ahla madina               Tebah is the most beautiful city!
fihal ghali nabina                It has within it our treasured Messenger!
fihal ghali nabina                It has within it our treasured Messenger!
'ayni btbki hazina                (for this reason & distance) My eyes cry in sadness
wel b'ad atna rohi                The distance has pained my soul

Mohammad 'utr el arwah       O Muhammad, O scented one of souls
bi dhikrak galbi beyertah      With your remembrance my heart finds serenity
bi dhikrak galbi beyertah      With your remembrance my heart finds serenity
galby menesa'a ma taab        My heart from that moment has found no rest
we be gorbak tabat rohi        And with your proximity (to me) my heart has healed

Salem bel hujra we nadi      Send your peace at the (burial) chamber and call out!
'asahaba asyadi                  Upon the companions, my Masters!
‘asahaba asyadi                 Upon the companions, my Masters!
Abu Bakr we Umar             Abu Bakr and Umar!
Abu Bakr we Umar             Abu Bakr and Umar!
hummad dawa li jrohi        They are the remedy to my ailments!
hummad dawa li jrohi...     They are the remedy to my ailments!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! May Allah reward you for your efforts - I feel the love! I haven't been able to stop listening to it since I came across it a few days ago... Do you know where I can find the lyrics in Arabic?
    Thanks again wa salaam,
    Ayesha, UK

    ReplyDelete